ISSB Group Discussion Topics and Tips
When candidates have been divided into groups and introduced to the GTO, The GTO gathers them into a room which has a spherical sitting. This room is the room of group discussion. The first task of the GTO is the group discussion. This is one of the most important task as the candidate creates his first impression to the GTO on the basis of Group Discussion Task. As the first impression is the last impression, the candidate should be careful in his choice of words and his viewpoints. First of all, before starting a group discussion, every candidate sitting in the circle introduces himself to his other mates about his educational qualifications, the city of residence, hobbies etc. Sometimes the Group Testing Officer or the GTO gives one compulsory topic to the candidate to talk upon whereas in other cases he gives a couple of topics. The subject which is agreed by majority is accepted by the Group Testing Officer.
What you have to do in Group Discussion?
- Firstly you explain the topic.
- Highlight its key issues
- You can either be in favor of the topic or against it. The thing which is observed is how you build up your logic.
- Give proper solution for the issue.
Do’s and Dont’s
- Sit in a proper and mannered way. You don’t have to be casual.
- Listen to the GTO’s instructions carefully. Don’t break the rules set by GTO.
- The candidate is required to select that topic on which positive ideas can be shared. Don’t go for aggressive topics. All these things depict your mental processing.
- Do not look at the GTO. Imagine he is absent during your discussion.
- Don’t look here and there when giving your viewpoints. Always look in the eyes and face of other candidate and try to assess their emotions.
- IT IS ONE OF THE KEY ADVANTAGES IF YOU SPEAK AFTER LISTENING TO 5-6 OR EVEN MORE CANDIDATES. TAKING THE INITIATIVE CAN LEAD YOU IN TROUBLE. AVOID IT.
- Don’t take too much time in giving your viewpoint. It might irritate the GTO. Le the others speak too!
- Don’t be rigid with your ideas. If someone criticizes you, don’t be enraged, rather accept it with open-mindedness.
Example topics for Group Discussion for ISSB
- Basant should be banned or not?
- Is Islam a religion of faith or terrorism?
- Do Children be allowed to use mobile phones?
- Pakistan Geo Strategic Location and its role in the region- Important
- Energy Crisis in Pakistan
- Co-Education – Important
- Economic Problems of Pakistan
- War on Terrorism – Important
- Corruption in Pakistan- Causes and Remedies – Important
- We can be the best nation if we…